Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some Thoughts

I had an interesting day yesterday:

+ Drove around swabbing leopard frogs fro chytrid fungus testing
+ Snipped toes from leopard frogs for DNA testing
+ Found a dead Clark's Nutcracker in a spring.  I have never seen this bird before, and it is too bad that the last one I will probably ever see was expired.


All in all, it was a bit morbid, but I had fun.

Today Brandon and I finished our killer report to the BLM state office on our study.  It looks good! 

Brandon leaves on Thursday for grad school.  He is going to become an expert on Pacific giant salamanders and road-crossing ecology.  He will be missed.  We had an excellent summer.


Here in Rawtown the deer are all about.  This weekend on a final jaunt to the hot springs of Saratoga we saw a whole gang of bucks wandering through town together.  Can't catch a break from these guys!  I think they are "hiding" in town to avoid being killed by all the hunters in the hills.  Good for them!

And finally, in other news, I have decided to start a new blog, Idiotscape, in which I will complain about the current state of affairs as I see fit.  I realize that I have been griping far too much on Bachelor Diner.  I do feel like there is a whole world of stuff to gripe about, but that this is a place for my exploits of various types.  Now you will have an option to read about what bothers me.  I'm sure most of you are here for the fish stick sandwiches, anyway.  Too many links?  I guess I should probably start a new blog full of links since I love them so much.  Just kidding.  But I'm not kidding about this blog I found.  Check out this guy, he's nuts!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Tim that sounds like a good day.